Westercon is a volunteer effort. And we will need your help during the convention to pull this off.
Some of the specific areas where we will need help include:
- Helping with food prep and monitoring in the con suite
- Monitoring the quiet room
- Helping our program operations team keep our program running smoothly and on time.
- Help with setup and cleanup on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
Volunteers who work 15 hours over the course of the weekend will have their membership fees refunded (provided that there are reimbursement funds). Work done before 11:00am on Thursday and after 3:30pm on Sunday will count double. If you have a significant financial hardship and need to work ahead for your membership, email email@example.com and we’ll work something out.
If you would like to help out you can do one of the following:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are specifically interested in helping in the con suite send the email to email@example.com. If you are specifically interested in helping with program operations send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to help with monitoring the quiet room, send the email to email@example.com.
- Stop by convention operations in Terrace Salon 3.
- Especially on Wednesday and Thursday, stop by the Golden Ballroom area and pitch in.
We will have volunteer hour tracking sheets available.